Citronella Soy Candle
Summer is here and that can only mean one thing. The flies and bugs are back but with our brand new Citronella Candle you can be sure of a bug and fly free home. Citronella is obtained from the leaves and stems of different species of lemongrass. This oil has a powerful citrus aroma which is bursting with crisp lemon and grass notes. It is also renowned as an insect repellent that will keep the insects at bay.
Top Notes: Orange & Lemongrass
Middle Notes: Chinese Citronella
Base Notes: Sweet Vanilla
Basic Candle Care
A great candle experience begins with proper candle maintenance and care.
Preventing Memory Rings
As with all candles, the first burn is the most important. You should burn your candle for at least 2-3 hours the first time you use it. This will create what is called a “Memory Pool” of Wax. If the Wax is not allowed to liquify or melt from edge to edge it will create a “Memory Ring” especially if this is the first time the candle is used. As soon as the candle has its memory ring it will continue to tunnel and burn that way for the life of the candle. This not only causes the loss of valuable wax but is also a problem that over 90% of people have due to not knowing how to properly burn a candle. You must also keep the wick trimmed to 1/8 inch (3-4mm) at all times. We suggest trimming the wick every 4 hours of burn time. When wick trimming, you should always extinguish the flame first then allow the wick and wax to cool to room temperature. Only then should you trim the wick to 1/8 of an inch before relighting.
How to Love a Living Light Candle!
1. Find your Favourite Candle
2. Trim the Wick - Keep your Wick trimmed to 3-4mm at all times.
3. Let the Wax Pool - Each time you burn your candle, allow the entire top layer to become a fragrance pool of liquid wax to ensure you will get the best scent throw possible.
4. Burn it Safely - Always burn your candle following the safety sticker on the base of the tin.
5. When only 1/4” of Wax remains, it is time to let your candle go so you can buy another one :)